Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor, Human Resource Management
Department: Management and Entrepreneurship
The Department of Management and Entrepreneurship in the Rohrer College of Business at Rowan University is seeking applicants to fill a tenure track faculty position in Human Resource Management at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor beginning September 1, 2013. Teaching assignments will include undergraduate and graduate courses in a traditional classroom format as well as online delivery. Service responsibilities will include co-advisement of the student chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and participation in college and university service.
Candidates should have:
1) a Ph.D. in Management or Human Resource Management, completed by September 1, 2013;
2) proven excellence as a teacher and demonstrated potential for excellence as a researcher. Prior experience in graduate and online teaching is preferred;
3) the ability to teach two or more of the following courses: Management of Human Resources, Management of Compensation, Recruitment and Selection, Labor Relations, Organizational Development, or Legal Aspects of Human Resource Management;
4) the ability to teach one of the following courses: Strategic Management, Organizational Behavior, or Managing International Business; and
5) relevant experience in a business setting.
Starting Date: September 1, 2013
The undergraduate Human Resource Management major at Rowan University is recognized by SHRM as being in full compliance with their HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. An internship is a graduation requirement, and its alumni excel in the job market and in graduate schools. Salary is competitive, research support is generous, and the facultyposition falls under the State of New Jersey & AFT Collective Bargaining agreement. The Rohrer College of Business is AACSB-accredited and Rowan University ranks in the top tier of universities in the region. Located near Philadelphia, the area offers a variety of attractive urban and suburban living options.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Rowan University values diversity, and is committed to equal opportunity.
Review of candidate materials will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until October 15, 2012. Candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae including names and email addresses of three references, to Dr. Dilip Mirchandani, Chairperson, Management and Entrepreneurship Department, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit application materials electronically with the subject "Tenure Track Human Resource Management Position."