Job Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012
Company/University: National Association of Letter Carriers
Closing Date: Fri, 06/08/2012 (All day)
Location: Washington, DC
National Association of Letter Carriers (Washington, DC)
Provides overall direction for all activities related to research and analytical services in support of the collective bargaining, public policy and legislative activities of the NALC, a national labor union representing 200,000 workers employed by the United States Postal Service (USPS).
Monitoring USPS employment, finances and operational activities; reporting on labor market and collective bargaining trends; maintaining union database on key economic indicators and statistics compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics; analyzing federal budget issues affecting letter carriers; assisting our Chief of Staff on special projects; serving the needs of NALC members as defined by NALC officers and senior staff.
- B.A. or M.A. degree in a social science or relevant discipline (economics, labor relations, history, etc.)
- Experience conducting independent research and analysis for practical use by decision makers and organizational leaders
- Familiarity or experience with the history, goals and activities of the American labor movement.
- Prior experience with a labor union, government agency or progressive NGO.
- Strongly self-motivated with3-5 years experience in progressively responsible positions
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills to supervise consultants and junior staff
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to work with statistical data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently and manage multiple tasks
- Efficiency with computerized information systems, the Internet and commonly used MicroSoft Office software.
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Full range of fringe benefits, including pension benefits, health insurance, life insurance and paid leave.
PLEASE ENCLOSE WITH YOUR RESUME, A SAMPLE OF A WRITTEN REPORT
Only qualified applicants should apply to: email@example.com
by U.S. mail to:
National Association of Letter Carriers
Human Resources Department
Attn: Lynda Sist
100 Indiana Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001